1. What is your greatest strength?
Examples of the Best Answers
Review these examples of answers, and tailor your responses to your credentials and the job requirements of the position.
- I have an extremely strong work ethic. When I`m working on a project, I don`t want just to meet deadlines. Rather, I prefer to complete the project well ahead of schedule. Last year, I even earned a bonus for completing my three most recent reports one week ahead of time.
- I have extremely strong writing skills. Having worked as a copy editor for five years, I have a strong attention to detail when it comes to my writing. I have also written for a variety of publications, so I know how to shape my writing style to fit the task and audience. As a marketing assistant, I will be able to effectively write and edit press releases and update web content with accuracy and ease.
- I am a skilled salesman with over ten years of experience. I have exceeded my sales goals every quarter and I`ve earned a bonus each year since I started with my current employer.
- I pride myself on my customer service skills and my ability to resolve what could be difficult situations. With five years of experience as a customer service associate, I have learned to effectively understand and resolve customer issues. On a related note, I also have strong communication skills, which help me work well with customers, team members, and executives. I am known for being an effective team member with a talent for giving presentations.
- Answers to Avoid
- This is not the time to be humble. While you do not want to exaggerate your strengths, you should be comfortable articulating what makes you an ideal candidate. Creating a list of your strengths (as they relate to the job) will help you answer this question with confidence.
- On the other hand, you do not want to answer this question with a laundry list of vague strengths. Stay focused on a couple key strengths that relate directly to the position and the company. A focused, relevant answer with one or two examples will impress your interviewer.